Introducing Antonio, MotorMavens, and the AE86 Collection


Since I’ll be joining CarDomain as a contributing writer, Editor-in-Chief Rob Einaudi thought it would be fitting that I give CarDomain readers some background info. As a contributor to the hot new car culture/photography site, MotorMavens.com and a  founding member of the original team that created Speedhunters.com, blogging about cars definitely isn’t new to me. In fact, I’ve been ‘blogging’ about cars online since the late 1990s when I made my first site, which dealt with old school Japanese cars, especially AE86s, TE27s, and drifting, import car shows in the USA, Tokyo Auto Salon, and other aspects of Japanese car culture.

I’ve also been fortunate enough to shoot covers and write stories for several magazines in the USA (Super Street, Modified, Grassroots Motorsports, 0-60, Rides, FHM, Classic Motorsports, etc) and in other parts of the world (Battle Magazine, Daytona, Speed, Drift Battle, Carboy, etc).

In 2006, my first hardcover book, entitled “Drifting,” was released at book retailers worldwide. Drifting was the first book that documented the history of drifting as it came from Japan and spread in popularity across the USA and to other parts of the world.

My love of car culture doesn’t just stop at photography though. I have a pretty large collection of vintage Toyota cars and memorabilia, like my AE86s and my original paint 1973 Toyota Corolla 1600SR 5-speed (TE27), which is an extremely rare find in the United States. You can check out some photos of my cars on my Cipher Garage profile on Cardomain, on my Cipher Garage Myspace, and on my new website, MotorMavens.com as well. Please feel free to drop me some comments! I’d love to hear from everyone!

Antonio Alvendia's Pelican 1510 hard case with Incase backpack, Asus EeePC 1008HA, Bogen Manfrotto, Canon 5D MarkII



Related posts:



Related posts:



0 коммент.:

Отправить комментарий