1969 Mercury Cougar [Down On The Street]

Welcome to Down On The Street, where we admire old vehicles found parked on the streets of the Island That Rust Forgot: Alameda, California. We've seen a few Alameda Cougars so far, including this '67 (which later turned up in the wrecking yard), this '68, this '73, and this '75. Now we're going to look at a first-gen Cougar that's lived in the same neighborhood since I was a kid.



It's got a very 1970s two-tone paint job, which has taken some punishment from the California sun, but it still looks pretty good and it gets its owner to work every day. This car may be a '68, but my DOTS Sense tells me it's a '69; I'm not enough of a Cougar expert to distinguish a '68 from a '69, so you experts can correct me if I've made a mistake.


Some 60s cars look best with the factory wheels and hubcaps, but I think this car has the exact right wheels right now. You think both flip-up headlights still work?




First 350 DOTS VehiclesDOTS FAQ



Related posts:



Related posts:



0 коммент.:

Отправить комментарий